Un-Nutty Breakfast Muffins
Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free
Best for Vata and Pitta Dosas; ok for Kapha dosha in small amounts.
I was looking for a healthy breakfast muffin so I did tweaked a few recipes and came up with this Un-Nutty Breakfast Muffin. Great for those who have a nut allergy, are gluten free, dairy free and processed sugar free.
These muffins are good for vata and pitta doshas because of the sweet taste (rasa). They help to build ojas (immunity,), has fiber, protein and low in sugar. The spices cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom are great digestive enzymes promoting optimal digestion.
- 2 TBS raw hemp seeds
- 3 madjool dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅔ cup ground flaxseed meal
- ½ cup unsweetened sun butter
- 1/2 tsp raw cacao chips
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line mini muffin tin with mini-muffin baking cups ( If You Care brand works fantastically).
- In an electric blender, blend the first 7 ingredients –raw hemp seed, madjool dates, water, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg- together on High speed for a minute. If you want it a bit sweeter, then add an extra date or two. Make adjustments to flavoring BEFORE you add flax seed meal.
- Then add sun butter, and flaxseed meal. Blend on high speed for about a minute until thoroughly mixed.
- Add 1/2 tsp raw cacoa chips and blend on Low speed for a few seconds. If you want to add raisins, then add them now and blend on Low speed for a few seconds.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or edges are golden brown and tops appear somewhat dry. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
- Makes about 12 -14 mini muffins.