Eating healthy and eating to balance your dosha doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself. I discovered this healthy, easy, delicious recipe for No Bake Oatmeal on Dr. Axe’s website. I made some changes to make it balancing for my dosha (pitta /Kapha).
*I swapped honey for maple syrup along with decreasing the amount of sweetener (overuse of any sweetener can create imbalance).
*Sunflower butter is used instead of almond butter. Sunflower seeds are best for pitta/kapha dosha since they are lighter and drier in quality. My version is nut free so my daughter with a severe nut allergy can enjoy this treat as well.
*Spices cinnamon and cardamom added for flavor and to help with digestion.
* Using gluten free regular oats also makes this treat gluten free. This recipe is good for pitta, vata doshas; small amounts for kapha dosha.
Oatmeal Chocolate Sunflower Butter Gluten Free No Bake Cookies
3 cups Organic Gluten Free Regular Oats (Trader Joe )
1 cup Organic Coconut Flake (Trader Joe)
½ cup Organic Virgin Coconut Butter (Trader Joe)
1 up Organic Sunflower Butter
½ cup Organic Real Maple Syrup
3 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Cardamom
3 tsp Himalayan Salt
· Place the first two ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
· Place the remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan on low heat on the stovetop.
· Heat and stir with a whisk just long enough to completely combine mixture until its smooth and creamy. Takes just a couple minutes.
· Place liquid mixture on top of dry mixture, stir together until well combined.
· Place about 1 ½ TBS into mini cupcake pans. Will need 3, 12 mini cupcake pan.
. Place a small pinch of Himalayan Salt on top of each cookie.
· Refrigerate for about 20 minutes and it will be set.
Nutrition information for 1 cookie: