Betty’s Granola- Nut Free and Gluten Free
4 ½ C Gluten Free Rolled Oats (Trader Joe’s ) (Not instant)
1 C raw sunflowers
1 C raw pepitas
¾ C shredded raw coconuts (optional)
3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 C coconut sugar
3/4 C pure maple syrup
¼ C water
1/3 C coconut oil, liquefied
¾ C dried raisins or cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
2. Place oats, sunflower seeds, pepitas, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, coconut sugar, and shredded coconut in a large bowl and mix very well.
3. Add maple syrup, water and coconut oil to dry ingredients. Mix until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Line a 17x12x1 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the granola mixture on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes or until granola starts to brown. Take out of oven, stir with a flat spatula, then bake another 15 -20 minutes more. Watch carefully so it does not burn. May need to stir it one more time.
6. Take out of oven and place on cooling rack. Add raisins and stir to combine, then cool completely.
7. Transfer to an airtight container. May store at room temperature for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 3 months.