The practice of cleansing is considered an essential part of an Ayurvedic preventative healthy lifestyle practice leading to improved energy, strength, and immunity. At its root, an Ayurvedic cleanse purifies and rests the digestive system by improving the strength of agni-metabolic fire and digestive enzymes. A balanced agni (metabolism) is fundamental to achieving optimal health.
An Ayurvedic cleanse is best practiced during the transition from one season to the next season. Spring is an ideal time to get ready for nature’s season of renewal and new life, a time to get rid of the accumulated stagnant energy from winter. Our body’s detoxifying organs- liver, skin, kidneys and lungs will receive the boost they need.
Why a Kitchari Detox?
- Diminish or eliminate seasonal allergy symptoms, rashes, pain.
- Reduce toxic build-up or ama, and reset your digestive fire or agni to support optimal wellness.
- Gain clarity in your senses.
- Feel lighter and have a greater sense of equanimity and peace.
- Clear, healthy, and glowing skin.
- Reduce your state of stress and anxiety.
- Support your cardiovascular and metabolic health.
- Feel nourished and satisfied since you eat real food with all the essential nutrients you need.
The spring kitchari detox removes the physical, mental and emotional energetic imbalances that has been stored in our tissues.
Ayurvedic Spring Detox April 16- 22
Join Betty Brown, RN, B Well Ayurveda Health Coach and Kit Yoon, L.Ac, Bexley Acupuncture and Wellness for an Ayurvedic Spring Detox April 16- 22.
We are a part of the Bexley Wellness Collective and will also partner with our other members as well to offer support during the Ayurvedic Spring Detox.
What to expect
- Receive daily support, recipes, self-care stress relieving recommendations, tips and encouragement from our private Ayurvedic Spring Kitchari Detox Facebook page and email.
- Free cooking demonstration on how to make kitchari and ghee at Bexley Natural Market on Saturday April 14 at 3pm.
- Spring Detox Kit and produce may be purchased from the Bexley Natural Market.
- Receive the Ayurvedic Spring Detox guide.
The Four Phases of the Spring Kitchari Detox
Phase One: Pre-Detox April 14-15
- Attend the kitchari and ghee making cooking class (optional)
- Take the Dosha Assessment to figure out your specific dosha.
- Purchase Spring Kitchari Detox kit, *Triphala (optional), fresh greens and vegetables (Bexley Natural Market)
- *Triphala is made of 3 fruits and helps support the colon, is high in antioxidants, and supports detoxification.
Phase Two: Preparation Phase April 16, 17
- Eat a vegetarian, gluten free diet and eliminate sugar, caffeine (or reduce), and fatty foods.
- Drink Warm Lemon water in the morning.
- Eat Ghee in the morning (more info later).
- Drink CCF or Pukka Detox Tea.
- Relax often.
Phase Three: Cleansing Phase April 18,19, 20, 21
- Eat a primarily kitchari diet for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Continue with drinking warm lemon water in the morning, drinking CCF or Pukka Detox Tea, relax and rest often.
Phase Four: Rejuvenation Phase April 22 (or longer)
- Transition into a sustainable diet eating mostly home cooked, un-processed, seasonal, locally grown foods.
- Slowly add in hard to digest foods back into your diet, such as red meat, nuts, gluten.
- Eat foods to balance your dosha (more info later).
Ayurvedic Spring Detox Cost: FREE ( does not include Kitchari Detox Kit and produce)
Once you register, you will receive a copy of the Ayurvedic Spring Kitchari Detox Guide, Supply List and valuable tips to make your Detox a success.
Register now at: Bexley Acupuncture and Wellness
Ayurvedic Meditation and Acupuncture Relaxation Workshop April 22 from 1pm -2pm at Bexley Yoga:
Enjoy an hour of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation with meditation and acupuncture.
If you are interested in joining us for the workshop, please register at Bexley Yoga.
Betty Brown,RN and Ayurvedic HealthEducator Intern
Kit Yoon,L.Ac, Bexley Acupuncture and Wellness