My favorite time of year when berries are in season. Strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries are super sweet right now, so this it the best time to enjoy them. Berries are high in fiber, vitamin C and naturally low in sugar.
For 1 week, I’m participating in the No Sugar Challenge sponsored by Kit Yoon (Bexley Acupuncture )and Annabel Boys (UK Health Coach) to support the Hunger Project . If you’re interested in joining to support this wonderful venture, empowering women for an end to hunger, plus enjoy the BONUS of feeling great, click here.
So as my family enjoys their pancakes with maple syrup, I’m going to enjoy my sugar free Vegan Berry Crepes and because they are super easy to make, will enjoy them as a snack later too.
These crepes are good for vata, pitta, kappa doshas.
High in protein-8 grams, high fiber-10 grams
Vegan Berry Crepes
Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
Makes 2 crepes
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice flour (Trader Joe Brand)
- 4 Tbs flax meal
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk ( or any other nut milk, rice milk, soy milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of avocado oil for non-stick frying pan
- Fresh Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries (or any other berries in season).
- 1/4 cup each of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1/4 cup unfiltered organic apple juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest or 1/4 tsp Spectrum lemon oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat non-stick frying pan on medium low for a couple of minutes, then add the avocado oil.
- Mix all the batter ingredients (except oil) very thoroughly in a medium sized bowl. The batter should be thinner than pancake batter, but not too watery. Add extra hemp milk if needed. The flax meal will thicken up the batter.
- When non stick frying is well heated, ladle 1/2 the batter in the pan and spread it around to make a circle with a 6 inch diameter, approximately.
- Let it cook until edges are dry and slightly crisp, then flip the crepe and cook the other side for about 20 seconds.
- When crepe is done, place on a plate. Repeat to make the second crepe.
- Place all the berries, unfiltered organic apple juice, lemon zest, and ground cinnamon in a blender. Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds until the sauce is completely smooth.
Betty Brown~ B Well Ayurveda Health Coach