Mediterranean Inspired Chickpea Salad
Betty Brown; VPK-
INGREDIENTS PRINT RECIPE
1.5 cups chick peas, cooked ( 1-15 oz can)
1 red onion, minced
½ cup diced celery
½ cup diced cucumbers
½ pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
4 cups of romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
3 Tablespoons olive oil
½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1-3 teaspoons real maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all the salad ingredients except the romaine lettuce in a large bowl,
and set aside.
- Miss dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl. Add extra salt and black pepper to
- Add dressing into the large bowl and gently mix all the ingredients. Add salt
and black pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, add the romaine lettuce and mix completely.
- Enjoy the salad with a slice of pitta bread.