|It’s Thanksgiving Day and the winter holidays are just around the corner. It’s the time of year when we are reminded that we have many things to be grateful for. I want to let you know how grateful I am for YOU!
No matter what our journey is, consciously making the effort to recognize our blessings and taking time to notice all the good we have in our life benefits our quality of life. It can be a simple ‘thank you’ to someone who opens the door for you, or savoring a hot cup of tea while appreciating the many hands that contributed to its making (including our own).
Gratitude has been studied and researched, revealing the benefits of a positive attitude and the act of appreciation (1, 2) .
- Gratitude strengthens relationships and helps to create new ones.
- Gratitude improves physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Gratitude allows you to experience more sensitivity and empathy toward other people.
- Gratitude helps you to feel calm, relaxed, and supports rest.
- Gratitude helps you to be confident.
- Gratitude builds resilience.
We all have the ability and opportunity to cultivate gratitude. Simply taking a few minutes a day to focus on all that you have is the simplest way to improve your satisfaction with life.
21 Days of Gratitude
Thanksgiving Day is a good starting point to help us focus on being grateful. Let’s keep going!
Join me in participating in 21 Days of Gratitude. I found a great resource to make it easy for us to start, and I’m very grateful for this!
- Go to the “YOUR GUIDE TO THE 21-DAY GRATITUDE CHALLENGE” to download the The Tiny Prints 21-Day Gratitude Challenge Calendar
- Journal daily what you are thankful about. If you need ideas then use the prompts and suggestions on the Tiny Prints 21 Day Gratitude Calendar.
- Share what you are thankful for with others in person, letters, emails, or social media. I will be posting on B Well Ayurveda Health Coach Facebook and Instagram.
For more inspiration on gratitude, read Mary Oliver’s poem Grattitude.
I look forward to reading and being inspired by the many ways you find and give gratitude.
Peace and Light,