A general guide in making green smoothies is to use 60% greens and 40% fruit. Use seasonal
produce as much as possible and I highly recommend organic produce. Chop up your produce,
place liquids in first, blend in a high powered blender (I use a Vitamix) and enjoy!
For my green smoothies, this is my basic recipe :
* 1 cup liquid: filtered water, coconut water, tea, nut milk
* 1 cup green leafy vegetable: spinach, arugula, kale, romaine lettuce
* 2 Tbls Organic Raw Hemp Protein Powder by Navitas Naturals ( 8 grams of protein)
* Raw Turmeric Root about 2 inches long or Raw Ginger Root
* 1 med size fruit or 1/ 2 C fruit: Low sugar~granny smith apple, pears, berries; higher
sugar~ pineapple, cherries, mango, papaya.
Get creative and add variety to increase nutrition and taste! Add different types of vegetables
and herbs such as celery,cucumber,tomatoes, beets, mint, cilantro, parsley, basil, thyme. Chia
seed and flax also offer extra vitamins and minerals. Make savory or sweet smoothies. Spice it
up with sriracha, chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, black pepper.
Here are a few of green smoothie recipes I have enjoyed. Use your creativity and
turmeric,filtered water, sriracha, and black pepper.